Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"Blue Car on Olive Street"


8x10" oil on canvas panel

I should be cleaning the kitchen but I've decided to do my post instead. When I'm in a painting groove things get neglected. My backyard was first. I stopped watering it at the beginning of the summer and it soon turned turned golden brown. Well most of it turned golden brown. There were some amazing weeds that seemed only to need the blazing sun for nourishment. My neighbor Roy was kind enough to give me a battery powered weed whacker to get things under control. I'm proud to be doing my part for the drought, but I feared I was creating a fire hazard. Next to go was the dining room. There's nothing quite like a dining room table for storing painting supplies. It's not bad for storing camera equipment either. There was a time when letting things go would have bothered me, but for now I accept that if I'm going to paint every day something's gotta give.



No comments: