Sunday, January 13, 2013

"Fitzgerald Marine Reserve"


10x8" oil on canvas panel

This is one of my submissions to the Coastside Land Trust Gallery's midwinter show which opens on February 3rd, in Half Moon Bay, CA.

I actually painted this one a while ago but never posted it. I came upon it while looking for potential paintings for the show. I have boxes of older paintings which are fun to look through. Some I'm not so fond of, but others, like the one above, were indicators of the direction I was headed. 

I know some of my current paintings contain hints as to where I'm going, but often it's hard to tell at the time they're painted. Sometimes it takes awhile to fully appreciate that you've taken a step in the right direction.

1 comment:

Linda Popple said...

I continue to enjoy your blog. I'm a big fan of your work. I like how you can take a complicated and busy scene and take it down to simple shapes. That simplicity borders on abstract and I love that.