Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"Hilltop House, White Fence"


16x20" oil on canvas

Without mutation there can be no evolution. This was an enjoyable attempt to throw myself off balance. When this painting was first finished I didn't like it. I didn't like it because it didn't look like my other paintings. It's been on my bedroom wall for over a week now and my opinion has changed. I'm seeing things I really like, others that I'm still unsure of. There have been moments when I've been tempted to rework it but I've decided to leave it alone.

4 comments:

Adriana said...

Wow, that's really, truly lovely.

Linda Popple said...

I like it! I wouldn't change a thing!

Nancy Colella said...

Great job painting bigger! I love the composition and color in this. I bet it pops!

Michael Chamberlain said...

Thanks for the comments!