Saturday, June 4, 2011

"House on Hillside"


5x6" oil on hardboard

Sometimes you've got to fire up the saw. That's exactly what I did with this painting. It was originally an 8x6" panel. I uploaded it on to Etsy, where the image is cropped for thumbnail display purposes. I was humbled by the fact that the automatic Etsy cropping actually improved the painting. I immediately took the wet painting out to the chop saw. You may notice some sawdust in the paint. You may also notice raindrops, it started raining when I was photographing it. I'm pretty sure I successfully painted out the mark from where it hit my big toe when a strong breeze blew it off the stand.

2 comments:

Nancy Colella said...

My motto is: "Crop 'til you drop! Great stuff.

Fay Terry said...

This is great, Mike. Good to know we all have those accidental moments in the blogging process.