Sunday, February 20, 2011

"School of Corona"


This is another 12x12" painting. I was so relieved when I finally got this thing mapped out and I could begin laying in the color! The idea for this painting came to me as I was falling asleep a few nights ago. My original thought was to have it be a very tall canvas with twenty or so bottles appearing to swim upstream. I'm glad I decided to start with only four bottles! I may do the larger painting at some point but I'm happy with this one for now.

5 comments:

Denise Rose said...

Love it! You captured the reflections well and the inside contents too! Now you just need to add a few slices of lime! haha! Glad you didn't start with twenty also or you might have not gotten any sleep!

Douglas Clark said...

20 bottles would be cool, but you would have to have more patience than I do to even think about painting that many bottles.

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

This one made me LOL.
Great piece.

Horst said...

Great concept and execution, wonderful color choices.

Michael Chamberlain said...

Thanks for the feedback!